Sunday, October 10, 2004

Alfie Bumped Back Two Weeks

I really tried to make a sexual innuendo with the title but I just couldn't come up with anything good. All I had was "October 22 No Longer a Jude Sandwich" and "Paramount Bumps Jude From Behind." Alfie, the Jude Law starring Paramount remake of the classic Michael Caine film, has been bumped from its October 22 release date to November 5. The reason being that the studio felt the film would benefit as counter-programming to Pixar's The Incredibles, since Alexander vacated that slot for the November 24th 5-day weekend. (Guess Colin also got hit from behind!) Opening Oct. 22 are The Grudge and Surviving Christmas, while the other Jude Law film I Heart Huckabee's expands to wide release. I think this improves Alfie's chances at becoming a hit. It seemed certain to be a sleeper either way.

Current Alfie Box Office Predictions:
Opening Weekend - $18M
Total Gross - $75M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home