Sunday, October 24, 2004

SNL Lays Down the Law

It is Saturday night and I must be hungry cause I could sure go for some Jude.

Puns over here on in.

Cold Open - Crossball - Grade: A
Hilarious! Forte as Zell Miller. I'm crying.
Monologue - Jude Sings - Grade: A
I love it when the ladies sing and dance on stage. Throw in Ashlee Simpson and close it with "Hey Jude." Fantastic! Sidenote: He mentioned Nicole Kidman.
Air Captain - Grade: A-
Why would you bite a fireball? Is Jude parodying his own non-hit movie? Indeed.
(Toilet Vacuum and Presidential Debate are both not good. Debate went on for too long - again! - and, really, they need to drop the lesbian thing. Hilarious during the open, not any longer. Why don't they instead go after the Cheneys for being so ashamed of their daughter?)
Paris Hilton Apologizes - Grade: A-Maya has Paris nailed down pat. It is the most flawless impression yet from Rudolph. Jude as Nikki is great. Love how Rachel shows up as Nicole Richie.
Ashlee Simpson - Pieces of Me - Grade: A
I'm not ashamed of this: This is my favorite song of the year. I sing along with it everytime it is on the radio in my car.
Weekend Update - Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and Their Extreme Hotness - Grade: B
Last time they were great, this time it was okay. Not enough good jokes. Great end though. You're welcome!
The rest of it, with the exception of the Donald Trump Halloween Promo - was pretty Bleh. It was almost redeemed by that horrendous screw up. Simpson was about to begin her second song when the music played was from the first song that she song. It was more of an embarassment for Simpson than a funny Debbie Downer style thing. I love how she started dancing, then just walked off stage. She blamed it on the band. Awkwardness is bliss.

I'll give this episode a B+.

I hope next week's is even better. KATE WINSLET!!!! Eminem is musical guest, but he's not as important as Kate. KATE WINSLET!!!!

(Just checked some boards. Apparently, Ashlee's career is over!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home