Monday, February 28, 2005

Final Oscar Reaction: The Fashion!

What's an Oscar assessment without the best & worst dressed list. Angie has already posted her list, but after perusing all the pictures and watching the red carpet coverage, I am finally ready to post mine. (I don't post designer names because, well, I really don't care. Its not all about the dress to create a style. It depends who the dress is on just as much.)

I don't think anyone looked bad. Said to say, there weren't any disasters by anyone important (the last word being the key there.) I didn't care for Hilary Swank or Natalie Portman's dresses, but they were by no means disasters. When coming up with a top 10 list, I normally struggle to find people to put at the bottom of the pack, but this year I had to exclude several I enjoyed. Here goes:

10. OSCAR WINNER JULIA ROBERTS
God bless breastfeeding. (This is really the only good pic of her I could find. Most of Yahoo's sucked.)


9. KIRSTEN DUNST
Love the short hair and simplicity of her look.


8. OSCAR NOMINEE JULIE DELPY
Elegant and she and Ethan didn't get enough coverage.


7. PENELOPE CRUZ
Wow! Her and Salma looked so great together. I'll give Penelope the edge cause I love the color and her hair is better.


6. THE GYLLENHAAL'S
We all know what bringing your mother to the ceremony means, but what about your sister? Jake was best dressed male for my money and his sister was equally great. Love the Jarhead buzz cut, too. Is there a 12 step program for my Gyllenhaalicism? Maggie and Jake also had my favorite red carpet moment of the night. Maggie was talking to Star Jones-Reynolds-Blimp about the ring she was wearing, but could not remember the designer. Jake commented that the guy who designed it is at home chanting "SAY MY NAME! JUST SAY MY NAME!" I was laughing so hard at the way he was saying it and how Maggie and Star were just completely ignoring him.




5. OSCAR NOMINEE CATALINA SANDINO MORENO
Look how much better Catalina pulled off the tennis hair look than Hilary at the Golden Globes. A major debut, and a perfect followup to her stunning SAG dress.


4. OSCAR WINNER CHARLIZE THERON
She'd look great wearing a lamp shade and a trash bag. Some didn't like this, but I think she is perfection. What a great season for lady!


3. OSCAR WINNER GWYNETH PALTROW
See #10 comment. Easy, but flawless hair.


2. QUADRUPLE OSCAR NOMINEE KATE WINSLET
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride! What a perfect way to sign off the end of the Year of Winslet.


1. SANDRA OH
Yes, Renee and Emmy Rossum wore similar dresses, but neither looked as great as Sandra. She will be looked over for bigger stars, like she has been at every award she was at this year. In fact, over all this season, I believe Mrs. Alexander Payne was the best dressed. Here's her Oscar pictures as well as SAG and Golden Globe because she has hardly been covered at either of these.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home