Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reminder: Red Eye Opens Friday

I won't be seeing it till sometime next week. As a makeup for that whole Cursed fiasco, I've decided to remind my friends that the latest from Wes Craven opens this weekend. I must say this is the first time I've been looking forward to one of his films less for his involvement and more for who is in it. This looks to be the "coming out" film of Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy. Yes, they've both already had their breakthroughs but this will be the genuine test of their recently attained stardom. I'm hoping the film does well as it would make it 4 back to back hits for the heaven-sent Miss McAdams. (Nicole who?) The film also stars the wonderful character actor Brian Cox who always has something to add to a film. The early reviews are positive and most are seeing it as being a fun, mindless end of summer diversion. I'm pretty sure I'll like this film nevertheless. I'd like commend DreamWorks for their marketing campaign on this one. Both posters were very well executed and are among the year's best. The original teaser trailer was a great bait and switch of genres. While the second gave away most of the film, it was still well edited.

Either way, best of luck over the weekend to McAdams, Murphy and Craven.

See Red Eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home