Friday, July 01, 2005

Bleh and Randomness

I've seen 4 movies over the past week. I do not feel like writing reviews because I hate doing that hence the random thought-ness. Even though several of these were highly anticipated films, I just feel like giving them numbers and letting that be that:

Bewitched - 5/10
Cursed: Unrated Edition - 5/10
George A Romero's Land of the Dead - 8/10
War of the Worlds - 8/10

My mom told me that her and my dad are going upstate from Tuesday to Saturday of next week. (PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!) While most people would look forward to this as it gives them a chance to tap a keg and have random strangers running amuck in your house, I'm just looking forward to being able to watch movies in the living room with our surround sound and not having someone come out to tell me to turn it down. I feel like watching The Last Picture Show and The Fabulous Baker Boys for some reason. I guess they just fit my mood. I also have 3 movies from Netflix which I've had for a month and should probably get cracking on those. They are, for those of you interested, Maurice, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Raging Bull.

I'm also attempting to put my life back together which is no small task. It means lots of small things and lots of big things. My goal is to be back in a school of some sort by the beginning of 2006. I'm thinking of being a photographer as I really don't want a typical 9-5 job and would love to travel. There's a big world out there, afterall. Speaking of...

I'm also contemplating going to the Toronto Film Festival in the beginning of September. I have a friend who I think went last year so I should drill him for information, but he's in Japan currently. (We watched Lost In Translation before he left. It's a movie that fits my pervasive melancholiness. I relate to ScarJo's character, while Bill's doesn't give me much hope.) Anywho, Brokeback Mountain is officially going there, and I'd also love to check out Shopgirl and A History of Violence. Plus, I'd get to see some celebrities. REAL. LIVE. CELEBS. I need to somehow get some price estimates and such.

I now have posters for Walk the Line and In Her Shoes. The only poster pictures online are from E-bay and I'll wait till some other site gets them before I post them here. Walk the Line's one sheet is easily the best poster of the year so far, and I'm wishing/hoping/planning/praying that the trailer will be on Fantastic Four next week.

Perhaps I will get some fireworks this weekend and some liquor. Happy 4th everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, nice site you've got here. I agree with you about the poster for "Walk the Line". I think it looks awesome. I'm really anxious to see the trailer and that would be amazing if it was to come out next week. Do you think the trailer will be released this early though?

1:34 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Fox put the In Her Shoes trailer out four months prior to release, so it would seem fitting that Walk the Line is the next one. After working at a movie theatre for 5 years, I can tell you that they generally only release posters at the time trailers are released kicking advertising into high gear.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home