Sunday, July 18, 2004

Get Bourne Again

My most anticipated sequel of the year opens on Friday:  The Bourne Supremacy.  Paul Greengrass (Bloody Sunday) takes over the reigns from Doug Liman (Go) in the $80 million dollar blockbuster-in-waiting.  Ebert and Roeper gave it Two Thumbs Up!  And several online reviews suggest this film outdoes the first in retro-coolness car chases.  The entire cast from the first film returns, with the exception of Clive Owen whose character was killed off.   As a way of getting yourself more excited for the sequel, I proudly present "Countdown to Bourne Week."  Yes, I will do these for only my most anticipated films.  I give to you a list of films I highly recommend featuring the creative team behind the project.  Here's what you do: 
 
+See Brian Cox in the compelling L.I.E.
+Check out Franka Potente pre-Marie in Run Lola Run. 
+Watch Julia Stiles at her bitchy best in The Business of Strangers.
+Enjoy Dolores Clairborne (different Bourne!) from screenwriter Tony Gilroy.
+Look for director Paul Greengrass's previous acclaimed film Bloody Sunday.  (I have yet to watch it as of this writing, but will very soon.)
+Watch The Bourne Identity again.  I have yet to see the new to DVD extended addition, but I hear it doesn't really add much.  
+On Friday, see The Bourne Supremacy of course.

we gotta motor if we're gonna make it to that gay bar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home