Monday, May 16, 2005

Kate Winslet in 30 seconds on your TV

Heaven?

Perhaps.

Kate Winslet's American Express ad debuted last night on the series finale of Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm actually a fan of these ads. I found myself oddly moved by the Robert De Niro one and Ellen Degeneres dancing is just the cat's meow. Miss Winslet's ad featured a journey through her career, referencing Heavenly Creatures, Sense and Sensibility, Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Finding Neverland. My favorite part was the "at 28, I had my memory erased." The ad was simple and effective. There really isn't much to comment on right now, and next week I'll do the season-in-review of my favorite shows. So I just thought I'd share that with my loyal blog readers of which there are many. Not really. Be on the alert for the future greatest actress ever's spot. I'm sure it'll be just as overplayed as the other two. God, I hate it when commercials almost make me cry.

As far as the finale of ELR, I thought it sucked. I'm not really a fan of this series. I'll watch it when nothing else is on and its good for a laugh sometimes. I actually consider the cast, save Romano, to be quite talented but it seemed like they all deserved better than that sendoff.


i could've bought a life preserver had only i brought my amex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home