Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Nominees React: Ah, how I love bullshit!

Ok, I love Clooney and Howard for admitting they were actually watching.

USA TODAY article

YAHOO article

I loved Felicity Huffman on Entertainment Tonight when she was asked if any of her Housewives costars will come with her: "Eva fits in my purse." Also: "You can't pasteurize the Academy Award, you can't negotiate it. It is the top." "I feel like I’m in a parallel universe where fantastic and wonderful things happen and your dreams come true. My real life is happening somewhere else."

Keira Knightley, also, was very entertaining. She said she was working on a pirate ship the previous day and it was a nice surprise: "We spent a glorious summer making this film in lovely England, with lovely, lovely director Joe Wright. It was great news to wake up to after a long night shoot on a pirate ship — four wonderful nominations! I'm so proud."


And then there's this:

Rachel Weisz:

“Of course it’s a surprise. I’ve never been nominated for anything in my life. It’s overwhelming. Thrilling ... I really chased the part. Hard. I slightly hounded the
director. He was not familiar with any British actresses.”

Yes, Weisz, who has never been nominated for anything in her life, won a SAG and a Golden Globe in the past several weeks.

And Jake Gyllenhaal gets the best with this: "Holy Sheep!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home