Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain



With the Oscars now over, that officially means the previous film year has come to a close. And with that, I say goodbye to covering - except for an upcoming DVD review - the film I spent most of my blog life anticipating and discussing. I was going to do a long-winded, sentimental article...

...till I stumbled onto THIS.

It says everything that needs to be said and showcases the legacy the film leaves behind. In regards to the film's loss at the Oscars and whatever Crashlash (as the media is dubbing it, that and Guess Which Stereotype is Coming to the Accident) ensues and political agendas that may have been exposed, I'd point you to a list of films that lost Best Picture: Pulp Fiction, Network, Citizen Kane, Vertigo, Star Wars, Raging Bull, Fargo, Traffic, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Graduate, The Wizard of Oz, All the President's Men, Nashville, Chinatown, A Clockwork Orange, The Last Picture Show, The Exorcist, Bonnie and Clyde, Tootsie, and the list goes on....

Congrats to everyone involved for THIS rather impressive list of awards, for inspiring future films, touching the hearts and souls of millions of movie lovers across the world, and creating a modern masterpiece. I anxiously look forward to all of your next projects.

Also, to Focus Features and the people I spoke with on various message boards including IMDB, OscarWatch and Wrangling Wranglers.

And to Anne Hathaway for wearing those wigs. Hathaway - Brokeback = Sandra Oh - Sideways. Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home