Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First Look: Untitled Noah Baumbach Project

Even though I absolutely hated The Squid and the Whale (yes, I was the only one), I'm still looking forward to his newest film. It stars Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Jason Leigh as opposing sisters and will focus on a weekend shared at the one's home in New York. The currently untitled film is due this Christmas. Regarding Squid, it had a great screenplay and terrific acting. If I catch it some night on IFC 2 years from now, I'd probably love it. While watching it however, I wanted to kill everyone on screen. It just seemed to me to be one of those whiney, 'gee, aren't I hip and witty?' indies. Ugh. Loved Jeff and Laura, though.

The picture is Nicole and the actor who plays her son. Yes, that's a boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home