Thursday, May 19, 2005

Who should win The Apprentice tonight?

I've been watching The Apprentice most of this season so I feel obligated to share my thoughts on who should win tonight. First off, why do I watch a show hosted by Donald Trump? Trump is by far the least interesting and most meaningless thing about the show. He just looks important at the beginning and comes in at the end where Carolyn and George steal the show. I'm still curious as to what the guy actually does. The scenes of him working are about the fakest thing on television. It's almost camp when they show him on the phone ordering people around.

I think there's been an interesting dynamic this season with the street smarts (lacking college education) versus the book smarts (with education.) Some interesting sociological observations: the book smarts people are incompetent. They are like little babies who need to be told everything to do and need extra motivation. Perhaps many of them got into their schools not by talent but by family name. With the street smarts group, they are vindictive control freaks. They, too, act like babies but in different respects. They are assertive, emphasis on the ass. I, personally, don't think any of the contestants should run one of Trump's businesses, but he's a walking joke. So whatever.

Tana was the first person who caught my eye about several shows in when I started watching. She was friendly with a good smile and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. Her team won over and over again with her in charge many times. Unlike the other contestants, she handled everything with grace and dignity. I conclude that the person should win tonight should be....

Kendra.

The only reason Kendra stood out to me was because she was in the final batch. She fought with Craig and could've easily been fired earlier had she made it into the boardroom. Let's not forget that allnighter she pulled for the car ad. That was probably the best demonstration of talent all season. So why I am suddently rooting for Kendra when Tana was my original choice. Tana blew it the best couple episodes. Ever since the car ad, she's been selfish and egotistical. I don't think the Olympics thing last week was as disasterous as it was made out to be, but her attitude about the whole thing just stunk up the joint. Let's also not forget Tana's biggest weakness thus far: bedazzle! The way that woman said that word will haunt my dreams forever. She got this maniacal twinkle in her eye like a drug addict twitching for the next hit.

Anywho, I was hoping the final three would've been Alex, Kendra and Tana. Perhaps had it been that way, Alex would've won. Craig was just so amature compared to everyone else he didn't deserve to make it this far. And even though she was a bitch, I liked Erin. She looks kinda like Ashlee Simpson. Well, that might be good enough reason for Trump - who seemed to be scheming on her hardcore - to make her The Apprentice.

Bottom line: Go Kendra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home