Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Countdown to the Film Festivals!

YAH! FILM FESTIVALS! I had my very own film festival 3 years ago, The Darren Keeny Film Festival. Do I have to put my name on everything? Yes I do. It was a blast. I watched over 50 films during a summer month. Guests of honor included my dog - who would sadly pass away about a month later, my parents, several friends and this woman here. While no major celebrities attended in person, it was a lot of fun. At the closing, I even issued a fake press release with the winners. The Graduate received top honors, The Darren Keeny Film Festival Grand Jury Prize, if you will. And I think you will. Runners up included Magnolia, Thelma and Louise and Taxi Driver. Yes, those were good times. I even hosted a Scream marathon. What a blast. But, at the conclusion, I had to turn the big screen TV and surround sound system in and get on with my life. Boo!

I didn't attend the Philly Film Festival when I lived in Philadelphia, but I probably should've taken in a film or two. I remember wanting to go to the World Premiere of Confidence with afterparty. Rachel Weisz would've been there. Damn.

Anywho, 3 major film festivals are about to kick off featuring many films I'm looking forward to. Over the course of the next two to two and a half weeks, I'll be attempting to post summarized reviews and premiere pictures.

Venice kicks off today and runs until September 10.

Telluride Film Festival begins Friday and finishes Monday.

Toronto is Sept. 8 - 15.

Brokeback Mountain will be playing at all 3 film festivals. Elizabethtown will be at Venice and Toronto. In Her Shoes, Walk the Line and North Country play at Toronto. Among the other films that will show at this trio: Good Night and Good Luck, Capote, The Brothers Grimm, Casanova, The Constant Gardener, Shopgirl, A History of Violence, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Proof and Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

For Venice Film Festival information, go here.

For Telluride Film Festival information, go here.

For Toronto International Film Festival information, go here.

1 Comments:

Blogger MARYAM said...

kurulus osman season 3 in urdu
Ze6jKnSkBhGchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3CGJmag4vA&list=PLGdtwx2xwTkVyWXaa8YXC
Go and Watch the Latest Episode of Kurulus Osman Season 3 in Urdu. Only on our Youtube Channel.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home